Thursday, October 1, 2009

Choosing to not look
By: Anton Radmall
This project has forced me to think, to use my creativity, and has helped me to analyze things much better. However, I feel it will not change the way I look at advertizing. It is common sense that advertisements are trying to sell you something. Due to that fact, of course, they are going to try to use rhetorical strategies to try to convince people to buy their product. Most ads are not affective on my purchasing habits anyway. I rarely watch T.V. and I rarely read magazines. Also, due to my lack of income even if a ad had a big effect on me I really couldn't afford to purchase it anyway. Due to the fact that I am a Macey's produce worker and only make ten dollars and fifty cents an hour, the money that I do make all goes to college, food, car expenses, and rent. So I would be a very bad person to market towards, unless it's absolutely something I have to buy. Even then, I don't go off of advertising, I normally go research it from a reliable source before purchasing something. Yes, I know, there is advertisements everywhere you look nowadays and yes I know you can't escape from noticing them, but I still standby the fact that the advertisements have little to no effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment