Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I have actually had a good time writing this!

I have to agree with may of you in saying that I am actually really excited about the classical argument, even though I'm not quite as excited about the genre translation :/ I really enjoy trying to be persuasive, whether I'm good at it or not, and I also enjoy researching a subject well enough that I fell like I actually have a well thought out and educated opinion on it. I also thoroughly enjoyed persuading MYSELF of what I was trying to persuade others of; the writing the paper gave me a more solid conviction on the topic :)

For my paper I chose to explore cohabitation vs. marriage and to come to a convincing conclusion that cohabitation is most certainly NOT advantageous over marriage. Researching the topic was actually quite a bit of fun, especially because I had no idea that there is so much research done on this particular topic. I was also very interested in writing about this topic because I have had recent and close experience (my brother is living with his girlfriend) with it. Before the recent experiences I've had, I didn't really care too much about the issue, but have definitely become more interested since.

No comments:

Post a Comment