Monday, December 14, 2009
Extra blog, critique of rherotic.
I went to a presentation about glacier lakes in Utah. It was done by a Utah Valley University student. It was presented very nicely. The presentation I went to was very informative and interesting. She boosted her ethos by talking about how she helped out with the tests her, some classmates, and an instructor did on the glacier lakes in the Uinta Mountains. Her ethos was damaged slightly when she talked really fast and acted like no one was, or really should be concerned about what she had to say. The presentation was on the discharge of salt into glacier lakes from other glacier lakes. I liked the presentation but it bugged me that she acted like we should not even understand, and that we should not even care. Another thing that detracted from her presentation was that she acted like there was no valuable information there, just that it was some random fact that was useless that we would forget after we left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment