Wednesday, September 16, 2009
is being healthy such a crime?!
I love to work out, be active, and healthy... it is a hobby of mine. Probably a hobby I should be more dedicated to, but I am working on that. Every time I talk about going to the gym, or go running, or watching how many snacks I assume in a day I always get crap for it. I have recently been very diligent about working out and every time I walk out the door to go to the gym at least one of my roommates says, "you don't need to work out, you need to gain a few pounds!" Obviously gaining weight is not what my metabolism has in mind for me, or all the times I have tried to put on a few pounds, I would have. Anyways, just because I am skinny does not mean that I am in shape! I get winded every time I walk up three flights of stairs to my apartment which is rediculous and every time I play my favorite sport volleyball, I embarrass myself because of how weak I am! So anyways I work out to 1. be healthy and happy. working out really can boost ones self esteem and endorphins really do make you happy! 2. gain muscle and have a toned body! 3. to blow off steam from the day at school or work, to forget about everything else and get lost in the music and pumping iron. 4. to get strong enough to sock the next person in the face when they tell me that I do not need to work out!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What you weigh is not the only factor in how healthy you are. Some people are skinny but really unfit, and other people carry a healthy amount of weight. I go to the gym almost every morning, and there are people there that are massive (in terms of muscle) but couldn't run a mile to save their lives. And, as a side note, I don't know if I ever got good advice from a roommate (until I got married, of course), so do what is best for you and don't worry about anything they say.
ReplyDelete